- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon all-spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
- 12 hard shell tacos
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- avocado, shredded lettuce, and cilantro for toppings
Candied Jalapeño Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup candied or pickled jalapeños (see note)
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger (omit if using homemade)
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the cauliflower, poblano pepper, and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is soft, about 3 minutes. Add the chipotle chili powder, all-spice, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Cook another 2 minutes, then pour in the enchilada sauce and 1/3 cup water. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
3. Line the taco shells up on a sheet pan or in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Spoon the cauliflower into each taco shell and top with cheese. Bake 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
4. Meanwhile, make the salsa. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt.
5. Serve the tacos topped with avocado, lettuce, cilantro, and lots of salsa. ENJOY!
Bring 1/3 cup honey, 2-3 sliced jalapeños, and 1 inch of thinly sliced, peeled ginger, to a gentle boil. Simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Pour everything into a glass jar or bowl. Add a pinch of salt. Let cool. Keep stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Calories: 302 kcal