This Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Broccoli takes only 30 minutes to make and can be customized however you like!
- 1 lb. dry rigatoni (or pasta of choice)
- 4 to 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest, plus 3 Tbsp. lemon juice (from 1 to 2 lemons)
- ½ to 1 tsp. chili flakes (depending on desired heat level)
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Sautéed boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- Sautéed shrimp
Bring a large stockpot or Dutch oven of generously salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta. When pasta is about 3 to 4 minutes shy of al dente, add broccoli florets. Continue cooking until pasta is al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking liquid before draining pasta and broccoli. Add drained pasta and broccoli back to pot and place back on burner with heat turned OFF.
Add ricotta, Parmesan, lemon zest and juice, chili flakes, salt, pepper, and ½ cup of the reserved pasta cooking liquid. Stir well until the sauce comes together and clings to the noodles. Stir in additional pasta cooking liquid as needed to reach desired level of creaminess (I always use the full 1 cup). If adding cooked chicken or shrimp, stir in now.
Divide pasta into 6 bowls and garnish with extra cracked black pepper and Parmesan, if desired.