Cherry Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 cup lowest sodium available barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup all-fruit cherry spread
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, all visible fat discarded, cut into 3 x 1/2-inch strips (16 strips total)
In a small bowl, stir together the Cherry Barbecue Sauce ingredients. Set aside.
In a second small bowl, stir together 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin. Stir in the flour.
Dip the chicken strips in the chili powder mixture, turning to coat and gently shaking off any excess. Using your fingertips, gently press the coating so it adheres to the chicken. Place the strips in the slow cooker. Stir the sauce together with the chicken. Cook, covered, on low for 3 to 4 hours or on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Read More on Heart.org
Published on March 23, 2023