Studies have shown that sitting more than half of the day increases your risk of heart disease, other cardiovascular problems, and diabetes. Lack of movement throughout the day will slow down your metabolism and promote fat production throughout your body.
- Keep moving throughout the day when possible
- Stand at your desk instead of sitting
- Try chair free living while watching television
- Get up after you eat and go for a stroll
- Use your lunch at work as an opportunity to walk
TIP: Take advantage of sunny days to get out and walk. Instead of emailing a coworker, get up and go talk to them for extra steps throughout the day.