Below are some healthy eating tips to set you up for success in our program.
- Try to keep healthy eating at the front of your mind each day by remembering to read nutrition labels and log your meals in our app.
- An easy rule of thumb to ensure your plate is healthy is to load it up with colorful fruits and vegetables.
- Instead of red meat, choose lean meats, fish, and chicken for healthier protein options. If you are vegetarian or vegan, try nuts, legumes, and lentils.
- Avoid processed foods including white pasta, rice, white bread, baked goods, and sweets as much as possible.
- Try low fat milk, cheese, and low-sugar or sugar-free yogurt. Almond, oat, or cashew milk are healthy alternatives to regular milk as well.
- Practice eating smaller portions by remembering to eat mindfully. You can even use smaller plates to ensure you take only what you need.
TIP: Try the low-calorie and sugar-free versions of things that you already enjoy. Focus on smaller portions, healthy proteins, and colorful fruits and veggies when assembling your plate.