Swapping your unhealthy habits for healthier ones can add up over time, helping you create a healthy lifestyle. Here are 5 habits to help you boost your progress:
- Eating breakfast is important to help you start your day right! Try yogurt, oatmeal, fruit, or eggs.
- Vegetables and fruits are vital to your body’s immune system. See if you can find new vegetables and fruits to try out.
- Whole grain foods have valuable nutrients that boost your health. Choose whole grain breads, cereals, and pastas over refined versions of these foods.
- Healthy fats can lower bad LDL cholesterol levels while increasing good HDL cholesterol. These fats can be found in avocados, nuts, and peanut butter.
- Stay active and increase your heart rate by walking or exercising for at least 30 minutes every day.
TIP: Try to replace one of your bad habits with a good habit today and see what happens!