- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded and squeezed of excess water
Cinnamon Sugar Swirl
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl mix the olive oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and buttermilk until well blended.
- In a separate bowl whisk the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the shredded zucchini and toss to coat. Add the zucchini and flour mixture to the large bowl of wet ingredients and gently fold. A few dry bits are okay, be careful not to overmix the batter.
- In a small bowl stir together the granulated sugar and cinnamon for the swirl. Add the mixture to the batter and fold 2-3 times. Do not over mix.
- Scoop the batter into lined muffin tins. Bake the muffins for 18-22 minutes or until puffed, golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, cool in the muffin tin for 3 minutes before moving to a wire rack to complete cooling.