Sleep is so important to overall good health. Some of the problems you might have are having difficulty falling to sleep, waking up during the night, waking up too early, and being tired throughout the day. Not enough sleep can also be due to anxiety and depression. It tends to affect more women than men unfortunately.
- Go to sleep at a time that works for you every single night
- Avoid drinking caffeinated beverages such as coffee, tea, or soda after 2 pm
- Avoid drinking alcohol before going to bed
- Make sure that some of your medications do not cause insomnia or any kind of disruption in your sleep pattern
- Exercise does promote a deeper sleep but make sure not to exercise right before bed
- Working on your laptop or watching tv may inhibit a good night sleep
- Keep you cell phone out of your bedroom or put in sleep mode so as to not disturb your sleep pattern
- Find ways to calm yourself before sleep through meditation, prayer, taking a bath, listening to soft music or nature sounds.
TIP: Develop a bedtime ritual and go to bed the same time every night even on weekends.