- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken, beef, or pork
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 jars (12 ounces) salsa verde
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 6 tortillas, warmed
- avocado, limes, yogurt/sour cream, green onion, and jalapeños, for serving.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, combine the olive oil, meat, onion, and peppers. Cook, breaking up the meat as it cooks, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the chili powder, paprika, and garlic powder, 1 cup water, 1 jar salsa verde, and season with salt. Simmer 5-8 minutes. Mix in the cream cheese until creamy. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese down the center of each tortilla, tuck, and roll. Place the tortillas, seam side down, into the skillet overtop of the meat. Pour over the remaining jar of salsa verde.
- Top with the remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Serve warm, drizzled with yogurt mixed with lime and salt. Top with avocado, cilantro, chopped green onions, and jalapeños. Enjoy!
Recipe from Half-Baked Harvest