Keeping a healthy weight is important throughout your life. There are many ways to prevent health conditions.
- Avoid fried foods such as French fries, fried chicken and fish and instead choose to bake, grill, or broil your food.
- Drink water throughout the day to keep hydrated and to rid your body of toxins
- Choose exercise and physical activity that you enjoy so you will want to do it several days a week with family, friends, or on your own
- Focus on eating vegetables and fruits throughout the day
- Choose healthy fats and proteins such as eggs, avocados, nuts, lentils, fish, and chicken
- Buy skim milk or non-dairy such as rice, soy, almond, or cashew.
- Consume less sugary drinks and food
- Focus on eating foods high in vitamins, nutrients, and fiber
TIP: Lose bad habits and work on building good healthy habits for the rest of your life. Eat a variety of foods rich in color. The more color on the plate, the more nutrients consumed.