It can be difficult trying to find healthy choices when ordering take out or delivery but there are some helpful tips to make this process easier.
- Read menu descriptions and find out the calorie and nutrients before ordering food
- Be mindful of little extras to your order
- Use your own plate so you can see how much is in the carton, box, or bag of food from the restaurant
- Avoid bread, chips, fried foods and extra sauces on your food
- Substitute rice, potatoes, or pasta for vegetables
- Use portion control and have leftovers the next day
Read more at https://www.diabetesfoodhub.org/articles/10-expert-tips-for-making-healthy-choices-when-ordering-takeout-or-delivery.html