There are many health benefits to regular physical activity and exercise. Below are some of the immediate and long-term positive effects that movement can have on both your body and mind.
- Less risk of overall mortality and improved quality of life through decreased anxiety and depression and improved sleep.
- Increased strength and flexibility and better bone and muscle health.
- Easier weight management.
- Enhanced brain health and improved cognition (reduced risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s).
- Less risk of hypertension, type 2 diabetes, stroke, and heart disease.
- Lowered risk of certain cancers.
TIP: Continue to increase your exercise minutes and find new ways to increase your activity. Try a variety of activities so you can find things you love that will keep you moving throughout the day!