Some of the biggest challenges to eating healthy can be overcome with some great strategies with the help of your care coordinator.
- Try healthy meal prepping on weekends for most of week
- Make a few small changes each week so your family can adjust gradually to healthy meals
- Buy packaged vegetables and lean meats for quick meals
- If you are having trouble giving up junk food, once a week give yourself a treat
- When eating out, eat half of the meal and save the rest for the following day
- Using our app to keep track of your food and portions will help as you continue this journey
TIP: Experiment with different vegetables and fruits to figure out what you like. Always eat breakfast because research shows this helps better manage your weight.