- 2 cups Pressure Cooker White Rice, cooked
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, divided
- 1 ½ pounds salmon, skinned
- 1 tablespoon tamari (or soy)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon fresh garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ¼ cup green onions, minced
- Add the cooked white rice to a large bowl. In a separate small bowl whisk the rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and salt. Pour the vinegar mixture into the rice and mix. Add a tablespoon of sesame seeds to the rice, mix and set aside until ready to serve.
- Next, prepare the salmon. Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel. Cut the salmon filet into chucks. In a small bowl mix the remaining tablespoon of maple syrup with tamari, sesame oil, sriracha, ginger and garlic.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil. When the oil shimmers, add the salmon chucks to the skillet and sear for a minute on each side. Pour the teriyaki sauce over the salmon. Bring the heat up to high and flip the salmon a few times to coat in the sauce. Continue this for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat to build the bowls.
- Scoop and divide the sesame rice into 4 bowls. To each bowl add the edamame, cucumber and avocado slices. Scoop the salmon into the bowls and top with additional sauce from the pan. Lastly, top each bowl with green onions and sesame seeds and serve.
Published on December 27, 2022