Asking yourself if you are ready and committed to change your lifestyle permanently is important. Getting rid of bad habits will be one of the first steps on your journey to a healthier you.
- Determine what your motivation is for permanent lifestyle changes
- Address any life events that could be distracting or stressful
- Try to lose 1-2 pounds per week
- Work on resolving any emotional issues connected to your body and/or weight
- Find support on your journey through family, friends, health coach, or counselor
- Embrace the journey and try to maintain a positive attitude toward these changes
TIP: Learn your triggers and get back on track when you have a weight-loss relapse. Keep learning to make the right choices and be kind to yourself.