Once you have lost your weight, the tough part is to continue with your healthy lifestyle changes and keep the weight off. Extremely low-calorie diets to lose weight will not work long term. Losing weight slowly while enjoying the benefits of eating healthy and exercise is important for long term success. Some great ways to help you on your journey.
- Our care coordinators are here to support you on your journey for a lifetime of better health
- Exercise is important especially when you are taking in over 1500 calories a day
- Once you have reached your optimal weight loss, gradually add 100-200 calories to see if you continue to lose weight
- If you gain weight by adding additional calories, you may need to adjust your activity level or caloric intake
- Keep using self-awareness and coping strategies when cravings increase
TIP: Support systems and healthy strategies are important as part of your weight loss journey and keeping the weight off. Please read the great article by John Hopkins Medicine to give you more information.