Stress can negatively impact your health in many ways. For example, stress increases your risk of heart disease by elevating your blood pressure and cholesterol levels, which can cause damage to the artery walls surrounding the heart.
Below are a few ways you can better manage your stress for a happier life and a healthier heart. Be sure to visit the link provided for more information.
- Spend time with family and friends that make you laugh and enjoy life
- Watch funny movies and shows on television
- Decompress by doing deep breathing exercises
- Take time out to walk away from stressful situations or people
- Move your body regularly and exercise daily
- Go for a walk or play with your pets
TIP: Enjoy your favorite activity or try something new that will help decrease your stress level.