The Glycemic Index (GI) is a measure of how fast a food raises your blood sugar level. Some foods raise your blood sugar quickly while others do not. Some of the things that raise your blood sugar quickly are orange juice, soda, and doughnuts. Please read more information in the link provided to find out more.
- Green tea is a healthy way to lower the amount of sugar you drink
- Cinnamon can help slow down digestion and speeds up how quickly sugar moves out of your blood stream
- Other Low GI foods are beans and other legumes
- Oatmeal is another great food to eat
- Nuts and seeds have a low glycemic index
- Salads, broccoli, cauliflower, and green beans are low in carbohydrates
TIP: Fill half your plate with whole fruits and vegetables. Choose lean protein and high fiber carbohydrates for the other half of the plate.