After decades spent working with pro-athletes, Olympians, and Navy Seals, mobility pioneers Kelly and Juliet Starrett began thinking about the physical well-being of the rest of us. What makes a durable human? How do we continue to feel great and function well as we age? And how do we counteract the effects of technology-dependence, sedentary living, and other modern ways of life on our body’s natural need for activity?
The answers lie in an easy-to-use formula for basic mobility maintenance: 10 tests + 10 physical practices = 10 ways to make your body work better
The book offers:
- Easy mobilization practices to increase range of motion and avoid injury
- Intuitive ways to integrate more movement into your daily life and escape sedentary habits
- No-fuss guidelines for improving nutrition and sleep
- Basic breathing practices to manage stress and pain
- Quick and simple assessments to gauge progress and what needs improvement
- Tips and perspectives on healthy aging
It’s full of foundational wisdom for everyone from beginners to professional athletes and everyone in between. Built to Move introduces readers to a set of simple principles and practices that are undemanding enough to work into any busy schedule, lead to greater ease of movement, better health, and a happier life doing whatever it is you love to do—and want to continue doing as long as you live. This book is your game plan for the long game.