Climbing stairs is a great way to burn calories! Here are some of the health benefits of adding stairs to your day:
- Stair climbing can help you build and maintain healthy bones, muscles and joints.
- Climbing more than 55 flights of stairs per week significantly lowers your risk of mortality.
- You can burn as much as 100 calories by climbing the stairs for just 10 minutes.
- Even two flights of stairs climbed per day can lead to 6 lbs of weight loss over one year
- There is a strong association between stair climbing and bone density in post-menopausal women.
TIP: Taking the stairs burns more calories than walking on a flat surface. Find and take the stairs at work, in hospitals, clinics, stores, malls, churches, museums, etc.!